Saturday, May 26, 2007

In Uganda!

I arrived in Uganda early today, with no diffculty...Jeff and Shannon and Michael Masembe were all there to meet me at the airport, and then we spent some time shopping in Kampala before heading back to Mpigi.

Lots has changed on the 10 acres, which is awesome to see...a few more buildings, and lots of gardens planted. And, of course, more kids, as the second children's home is built. The third children's home is well underway, and we should be welcoming about 20 more kids within the next few weeks.

Picture uploading is going to be a bit of a challenge due to slow internet, but I will try and post some as soon as I can!

1 comment:

Wendy Bruins said...

Rebekah,
I am glad to hear that you arrived safely and were met at the airport. I hope you will have time to rest and adjust to the time change. I will be praying for you. Will you be buying prenatal vitamins to give out to pregnant women we may see? I will be meeting with the team on June 3rd to talk about what we might teach on the clinic days. Let me know if there is anything else I can do before flying out. Bless you. Wendy