Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hey hey!

Hello from Mpigi! Just wanted to give a quick update on how things are going over here! I'm still enjoying life in Uganda, and am getting better at remembering people's names! (it is hard, because everyone knows who I am, and I have met most of them before, so I am at the point where it is almost rude to ask again!!) Clinic work has slowed somewhat...I am working on getting an order ready for the drugs and supplies we are going to need, and I need to arrange a couple of more meetings with the doctors who we will be working with. I am also wainting to hear back from the District health services director...in order to purchase medicines, we need to be registered with the district, so I am having to wait on that right now. You could pray that this would happen soon!! Yesterday we (me, Shannon, Jeff, and kids) went into Kampala to do some shopping, and then today was church. This week I will be heading back into Kampala for a few days to meet some students from UBC, show them around Kampala, and then I will head to Jinja to see the Nile river from Thursday to Saturday (not sure if I will river raft yet...what do you think?). Jinja will be a good time to sightsee and relax before a week of hard work before the team from Peace Portal arrives!

Hopefully I will be able to post a few more pictures with my next post! Take care!

No comments: