Saturday, May 22, 2010

Around the neighbourhood

A typical street along my walk to school...


Construction of a new apartment building.  There are 12 or 13 million people in Dhaka, and the population growth is huge (I've heard rumors that 1,000 people move into Dhaka each day).  Apartment buildings are being constructed all over the place in response to the growing urban population.


Here's one of the neighbourhood kids in a full-out sprint towards me saying "Hi! Hi! Hi!"


In our neighbourhood, rain makes navigating the streets a bit difficult, and the construction that is happening all around us doesn't help to improve the situation!  I had to walk through both of these sections of road, and thankfully didn't get nearly as muddy as I expected I would!




The ducks like the puddles, though...



Big sister looking after her little brother...


And one of my favourites...two little guys playing happily in a puddle!

2 comments:

Elise said...

So... what you're saying is that your boots are standing you in good stead?

Bekah said...

I haven't gone for boots yet...maybe when the roads get worse ;)