Monday, May 31, 2010

No Facebook for me...

I'm feeling really out of touch these days.  This is because I can't access Facebook!!!!  Unfortunately, it has been blocked in the country of Bangladesh!  And because I am not that tech-savvy I'm not able to figure out a way to get around the block...sigh.  So, you'll have to email me if you want to get a response from me!  I'm not sure how long the block will be for...apparently they arrested the offender, but who knows...

Here's the link to the story about it on BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/south_asia/10192755.stm

And, just because, here are some more pictures!

Here's the river that is near my house. I walk along this river to get to one of the big shopping areas nearby. The river isn't the cleanest, but walking along it is one of the quietest places I have found in this noisy, busy city! 

Fishing on the river.  Fishermen catch tons of big fish here, although we don't eat them because the river water is so polluted.

Houses on the river...

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hey Rebekah! Hope you're well....I jump on your blog every so often :) Good fun! Chat later....maybe I'll send you an email ;)